- It’s Silver Needle’s first anniversary!!! Yay!! But, to keep things fun, we are calling it a birthday, so Happy Birthday!!
- If you visit the bottom of the home page (just scroll down!) you can rate our magazine!
- Those who wish to show their poetry, sketching, paintings, music, and other forms of art in our Media and Arts column may do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask some questions for the Ask Papa columnists for their third article! You can email your questions through this email: email@example.com. Note that your name will NOT be presented in the article and your email will not be shared. We believe in reader-columnist-confidentiality :).
Welcome to the Silver Needle! Here are the columns we have:
- About — Facts about the Silver Needle and its columnists.
- Humor — Fun jokes, funny articles or stories, and cartoons. Sure to make you laugh!
- Media and Arts — Analysis of books, songs, musicals, movies, and poetry; as well as dances, paintings, photography, and other art forms.
- Science and Technology — Latest cutting edge technology, fun science facts, and more!
- Cooking and Baking — Recipes for all types of foods, latest food fads, and helpful cooking and baking tips.
- Puzzles — Codes, word searches, crosswords, etc.
- Nature — Articles on animals, plants, trees, and all things involved in nature pretty much. Photography of nature is also allowed.
- Ask Papa — One of our papa’s answering questions given by our columnists, friends, family, and readers.
The name of this magazine is inspired by silver needle tea, made from a tea leaf native only to the Hunan, China area. The logo for the Silver Needle is a photo of silver needle tea leaves.
The Silver Needle is a magazine run by a group of TCKs (Third Culture Kids)–with help from their dads–living all over the world. Here are our columnists:
- Elizabeth Webel – Senior Editor and Media & Arts columnist
Hobbies: Reading, playing djembe, making soap, hanging out with friends, and contemplating paradoxes.
- Steve Webel – Ask Papa columnist
Age: old as dirt
Hobbies: Photography, YouTube, and roasting coffee beans.
- Anna Webel – Cooking & Baking, Humor, and Nature columnist
Hobbies: YouTuber, reading, playing ukulele, photography, biking, baking and cooking, crafting, FaceTiming her BFF, playing basketball, and sketching
- Agent 529 (female) – Nature columnist
Hobbies: Football (American), baseball, swimming, football (american), photography, and minecraft.
- Micah Gebert – Media & Arts columnist
Hobbies: Baking, sketching, reading, photography, track, playing basketball, biking, gym, netball, baseball, soccer, singing, guitar, FaceTiming her BFF, and YouTuber.
- Joe Gebert – Humor columnist
Hobbies: Reading, gaming, playing outdoor activities, watching TV, and hanging out with friends.
- Emma Carollo – Humor columnist
Hobbies: Texting, knitting, working out, reading, and writing.
- Samatha Carollo – Humor and Puzzles columnist
Hobbies: Sketching, reading, playing action games, anything to do with cats, computer programming, and animation.
- Emily Affleck – Media & Arts columnist
Hobbies: Writing, reading, and hanging out with friends.
- Treeluv Stone (female) – Nature and Media & Arts columnist
Hobbies: writing, dog stuff, eating, sleeping, listening to music, and Harry Potter fan
- Drittenstorm (male) – Nature columnist
Hobbies: Reading, writing, drawing, and painting.
- Kiah Long – Puzzles columnist
- Asah Long – Science and Technology columnist
Hobbies: LEGOs, planes, and building.
- Aaron Shey – Science and Technology columnist
Hobbies: Pophead, gamer, writer,
- Josiah Long – Humor columnist
Hobbies: Pokémon, reading, video games, eating, sleeping, getting up cheerfully in the morning (NOT), listening to music, fiddling with computers, cat stuff, imagining stuff, and other things that he can’t mention without getting abducted by aliens–oh wait nope, he said too much, there he goes…
- Micah Webster – Media & Arts columnist
Hobbies: Reading, writing stories, writing poetry, reading poetry, playing sports, talking, geography, and discovering leftover candy in the back of his closet from Christmas two years ago.
- Ryan Dahly from Escaping Crime – Media & Arts columnist
Age: Not Given
Hobbies: Not Given
- Celyya Clay – Cooking & Baking columnist
Hobbies: Tree-climbing, Rollerblading, and flute
- Will Shadow – Puzzles columnist
Hobbies: Technology, stalking, puzzles, and having fun
Also, if you press the button shaped as three dots arranged in a horizontal line, you can subscribe to Silver Needle! You will receive an email every time we post a new article!
You can also rate our magazine!
© 2018 The Silver Needle